Monday, November 28, 2011

So I have a dvd in my laptop…

Never really used it. Between YouTube, Netflix, and the uber-high speed wi-fi (now that I figured out how to configure my router to the ‘n’ standard), I never really used it till now. Netflix doesn’t have all the movies I want to see, and I’m not going to pay extra to rent a dvd.

Cue the Pierce County Library. They have DVDs. And a pretty good selection, too. And the 1-week loan is longer and cheaper than blockbuster. So, I’m watching Battle Of The Planets. I remember seeing this growing up, and Ted Turner did a version of it a few years back. You can tell that it was obviously an adult anime edited down and redubbed into essentially a Childrens’ show…

The original series must’ve been good, but trying to watch it through the editing is a bit tedious….

No comments: