Friday, January 10, 2014

So I got it...

So I got my phone a couple of days ago. Rooting it initially wasn't that hard. I just simply went to the HTC dev website and followed the instructions to unlock my boot loader, abd then flashed su and a recovery. I then flashed a couple of ROMs and found one that I liked. The ed a problem last night with it, though. My boy lost relocked itself, So I had to go through the whole process of relocking & unlocking again. This time I ran the rumrunner tool & abd got S-off so my phone will stay unlocked.

As for the ROM that I'm running, it's a slightly modified version of the Team 420 ROM that posted to xda. It's still a work in progress (I'll need to make a couple of more modifications to it, but I think I've found my daily driver).

What I like about my phone (for those of you who don't know, it's the Sprint HTC One):

The LTE. My previous phone had wimax, which was a separate radio. And I had issues with battery life with it. With LTE, I dint see as much battery usage, abd coverage is only going to get better I hope.

The partitioning. I can't put an an external memory card in it, but because the /data partition expands dynamically, I also don't need a third party app (like link2sd or a2sd) to link everything to a hidden partition on my sd card. Managing space may become an issue down the road, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

The power. 2gB's of ram, and a quad core processor. Yeah, she's fast enough for you. And since I've finally got it rooted and unlocked, I can probably over-clock it if I wanted, to.

And there's also the Beats audio, the aluminium, unibody construction, the 4.7 inch display, the camera...

No comments: