Friday, January 31, 2014

Stuff you don't wanthappening to you while taking a pee, or my adventure with maintenance...

So a chronic problem I've had living in my apartment has been the bathroom fan. Specifically it has worked more often than it worked. It worked fine when I moved in, but then it died. Went to the office, told about it, and the maintenance guy came in and replaced it. Couple of months later, abd it dies again. This time, I went to the office and nothing happened.  It took a couple of times, but then somebody finally came out. Two weeks later, it dies again. Maintenance guy was out troubleshooting another issue, abd I told him about it. Abd I was told that he needed a work order from the office. So I went to the office again right away. And it was ignored. A few weeks later, there was another issue abd this time I ended up on the phone with the home office of the real estate company who owns the building, and I made a passing comment about the fan always going out. Very soon after that the fan was replaced (this time, I was told that it had to be special ordered). Soon after that, the fan started rumbling (but it still worked), and it came loose in its mounting (like it was going to fall). And I now noticed The Drip. Want much, just a nuisance. But it was still a leak. Fast forward to Tuesday night when I went to take a leak, and I was hit with a bigger steam than what I was releasing. Finally I sent an email to the apartment office again, abd this time he was there early in the morning. He told us the leak is a roofing issue, and it'll be a week to fix it. Again the bathroom fan is on special order. This morning, I heard some very loud stomping on the roof, abd I hope it was the roofer. I've seen a little bit of a drip, but nothing like before. Now I just hope we get our fan back. I think I'll get it fixed. I did tell my apartment manner that I'm ok going without one, but she'll be the one dealing with the mold when I move out....

No comments: