Monday, August 03, 2015

Opportunity knocks, but I have to pass….

Yes, I have a commute from hell. Yesterday, it was a 4 1/2 mile walk just to get to the bus stop, and then another mile and half to two miles to get to work. Needless to say, my feet were in agony. Normally, I get home, and I can rest my feet, and be ready for the next day. However, last night I tried on a different pair of shoes. And they literally rubbed my feet the wrong way.

So I wake up this morning, and I can’t move my left foot without pain. I look down, and I’m greeted by a horrendous scab. So, orders today are to stay off my feet. Which means that the job interview that I had today is cancelled. And I’m not going to reschedule it. My philosophy is if I (or any other potential candidate) can’t make it to initial interview, then it’s not going to pan out. Besides, notwithstanding the issues I have with my current employer, it’s still a good place to work for…

No comments: