Tuesday, March 14, 2006

More fun from the Anti-Christ....

More fun from the Anti-Christ…..


I just found out how to make FS 2004 make nice with IE7.  When I last tried it, FS 2004 would load, I would get the ‘splash’ screen, and then nothing.  The initial solution was to simply uninstall IE7 on my Windows XP box (which version if internet explorer is moot to me, since I use Firefox).  Some looking around led me to here, which got this little gem from here.  Nutshell is, if you’re running windows xp or 2000 with IE7 installed, and you want any hope of playing FS 2004, you’ll need to delete the OLEACC.DLL located in the root folder of your flight simulator installation.  I myself backed up the file first (hey, I just did a complete system rebuild on a dual-boot system, and I don’t want to hose it completely just yet).  It does work.  I tried it myself.

No comments: