Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Half-Arsed Review of WMP 11

I tried the new Windows Media Player 11 recently.  Hated it.  Out of the box, the default view is the thumbnail view (the view that you experience when you install Windows XP out of the box.  My first change is to set to ‘icon’).  It took me some time to get it to display my playlists without the thumbnails.  Another issue I have is how the items are arranged.  Yes, I know they’re arranged alphabetically, but I could do without the prominent categorization (that’s the best way I could put it.  The wikipedia article describes it better than I could).

I like the to panes.  I like that category trees.  It is much faster for me to navigate my mp3 library and go from one song to another in Windows Media Player 10.

Or I could just wipe my drive and go back to Windows ME.  Microsoft is still supporting it until July 11.

No comments: