Thursday, May 18, 2006

More hardware stuff

Since I put a new video card and tv tuner in my tower, I had my eye out for a DVD burner. In particular, this one. Since my computer is not the newest (I'm still running a PIII, 866 megahertz), I look for hardware that backwards compatible with Windows ME (I still run this OS on occaision, like right now. Just because I can), as well as Windows XP. I finally broke down and bought it today. Since I have an idiot-proof tower (courtesy of Gateway), it a cinch to swap out and install new components in my tower, this was no exception. Software installation was just as quick and painless. Now off to do what everynew DVD burner ought to be doing: downloading Knoppix.

Ramen. (I have to add that since I got alt.religion.pastafarianism added to AT&T WorldNet news servers).

No comments: