Friday, July 14, 2006

A bunch of stuff in one post.

A lot has happened this week:

  1. So I added a second monitor today. I should’ve done this a long time ago (btw, I ditched the Nvida video card for an ATI Radeon 9250. Yes, I know I’m going with the cheap-ass, budget series, but I can’t afford top-of-the-line components). Out-of-the-box, it has two ports: one vga 9for crt monitors, and a dvi for lcd monitors. Since I have a dvi to vga adapter (from the original AIW Radeon that was the first to get yanked), it was simple matter to add a second monitor. I can now run the TV application in the second monitor, and use the first monitor for important stuff, like writing blog entries.

  2. The Anti-Christ has officially ended support for Windows 98/ME. This means no more patches, updates, or support. You’re on your own. Windows update is still up (as of this morning, when I was able to check it from my Mom’s computer, who still run WinME).

  3. The history of Windows. From the Anti-Christ itself.

  4. For once today, I was able to get a day off with out my boss trying to call me in. After being told no three days in a row, I guess they got the point. I don’t mind coming to work (in fact I look forward to it). But, when I’m not the schedule, I do make plans, and I like to follow through on them. I’m willing to work six-day weeks, and go sun-up to sun-down, but it needs to put on the schedule.

  5. The Hobby Shop in the South Hill Mall is now closed. Bob and Ray, the owners, are my best friends, and I think I’ve single-handedly funded their retirements with all the models I’ve purchased and ruined over the years. They say they will reopen in a while (either in downtown, or on South Hill).

No comments: