Sunday, March 23, 2008

I made the switch

Ok, I just switched to the new Firefox 3 Beta. I do not recommend doing this on any 'mission critical' computer you may have (standard cautions still apply about using beta software in any situation still apply). So far, I'm impressed with the new interface. It does load quicker (although that could also be because I don't have 53 extensions installed in it like I did with Firefox 2....). This post is being written in it (via the scribefire extension).

All in all, I like it enough to make the switch. Your mileage may vary.....

P.S. I'll switch the spreadfirefox button in the blog. Eventually.
 
Edit: The Button stays.
Edit #2:  I went back to Firefox 2.  There is a reason why it is still beta.  I like all the new features (like the faster loading times), but right now it is still a wee bit too unstable for my tastes.  I'll try it again when the RC's come out.  Firefox 2 is still way better than IE, though.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: