Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fading…

I bought my computer right before the 2000 election. In the eight years I had it, it has gone through many upgrades and replacements. The only original parts left were the floppy drive, and a DVD-rom drive. Now the power of the eldar is fading from it. It is dying. If I can get it to boot at all, it is only after several reboot cycles. I don't know what the issue is. It could be bad RAM, a power supply going under, or the video card is attempting to snuff it. Anyway, it's going to be cheaper to replace the whole thing than it is to try and figure out what's wrong with it. On the bright side, my boss has decided he deserves an upgrade, which means I can get his computer dirt cheap.

EDIT: I found another computer on EBay for about the same price that my boss wants for his. Nothing personal, but when I see a better item for a lower price, I’m going for it….

No comments: