Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fun at work….

Recently at work there was a need to hire someone (only a temp position, just to cover someone who was on an extended vacation).  The first day we had the opening, I got a phone call from someone inquiring about a position. I was sufficiently impressed with this person to go ahead and schedule an interview, and I set the appointment.  On the day of the interview, this person shows up three hours prior, and I give her an application, and again remind her to come at the appointed time.  The appointed time comes and passes, and she no shows.  My rule is you no show an interview, I don’t hire you.  She called me the next day, and I called her our on the no-show, and she just said that it was a miscommunication.  I’ll buy many excuses for missing an interview, upto and including extraterrestrial abduction, but miscommunication is not one of them. I told her I would call her back (a variation of don’t call me, I’ll call you).  Three minutes later she calls me again.  Finally I have to lay down the law, and I tell her that her ship has already left the port.

Today’s lesson, gentles: if you’re really serious about working for me, then show the fuck up for your interview!

Technorati Tags:

No comments: