Monday, June 15, 2009

Good Riddance…

For fourteen years, I had an account with Bank of America. They were good, but I could’ve done without the fees.  Lots of them. Then the customer service went downhill. I noticed after 9-11 that when I went to make a deposit, I had to completely fill out the slip, address and all. I wasn’t taking money out, I was putting money in. And I was being treated like a criminal or a terrorist. Then there was time at the Tacoma Mall branch when the teller (her name was Ro) called me up to her windows. And then promptly walked away into the backroom, and left me hung out to dry. And then I noticed as the lines grew longer, the tellers were getting even more annoying. I’m not one for small talk when I’m in a rush, nor do I answer personal questions if I don’t know you. SO the tellers of course had to ask them, and then turn rude on me when i refused to answer them. Or there was the merchant teller (Linda at the Federal Way branch) who while filling my change request, was arguing actively with her son. My complaints to them were of course ignored. The straw the broke the camel’s back came a couple of weeks ago, when they sent me a letter indicating that the  monthly service charge was being raised to $8.95 a month. I’m not paying that much to be treated like dirt.

Fortunately, I have a spare checking handy. I’m going with BECU. They’re free, they pay interest, and I’m far more satisfied with them.

No comments: