Monday, October 12, 2009

Fun with MyFaves and my phone, etc.

Since this spring, I've had the T-Mobile unlimited loyalty plan. Not Bad. $49.99 for unlimited voice, which puts my bill at about $100.00 or so when you include the unlimited texting and data plans that I added (hey, it's a Shadow…). Which was still cheaper than when I had the AT&T digital one rate…

Fast forward to 2 1/2 months ago when my Shadow finally gave up the ghost and I got a BlackBerry. I never really liked it. Not that there was anything against it, it performed exactly as it advertised. But a BlackBerry is still just an email client with a phone & a really crap-ass browser built in. The one redeeming grace about it was the Facebook app. So I looked on eBay, and found another Shadow (which BTW was the first auction I ever won. Period). So I was going to sell the BlackBerry. And my roommate (you know, my younger brother) made an offer for it. So I had to take it back to T-Mobile and have it reactivated. Since there are now two lines on my account, and I had the unlimited loyalty plan, I could get the MyFaves unlimited plan. The only drawback is that I had to deal with the damn Fave Five on my phone. Since the Shadow runs Windows Mobile, it's just a matter of changing 1 or 2 registry keys when I'm running the Stock ROM. Solution: go to http://wiki.allshadow.com and download the Windows 6.1 ROM of your choice. I prefer the Erofich 6.1 ROM.

No comments: