Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It’s Alive!

My mother had a laptop. An HP Pavilion dv 2000. One of these. Yes, it had issues. Since, I’m her tech support desk, I spent a good deal of time trying to fix it.  Finally, it just died. I tried to restore it, and the display kept going dark, and we were both getting fustrated with it. And she decided to finally replace it. Got a new desktop with Windows 7. And she gave me the laptop. I tried the restore DVDs. And I got them to work. After a half dozen attempts (it kept hanging on me, or it would just die).

So I now have a semi-functioning laptop. With a bunch of known issues and an expired warranty. But a free yet crappy laptop is still a free one. Know I just have to tame Vista… I just don’t trust The Anti-Christ. They shit-canned the one group that didn’t put out crap (and that was the fine people behind the Flight Simulator)…

EDIT: It died today. Attempts at resuscitation have been unsuccessful so far…

No comments: