Monday, March 22, 2010

A step…

Sometimes a step in the wrong direction is better than no step at all. The House Of Representatives has passed the health care reform bill. A lot of people are up in arms over this, and  I may even disagree with the bill as it is passed….

But the status quo is unacceptable. Take my case. I have type I diabetes. When I first suspected it and went to the doctor to get tested for it, I had health insurance through my employer. Within 24 hours (literally) of my boss finding out I most likely had diabetes, I was fired and out of health insurance. Tad bit on the unethical and possibly illegal side, but that’s what happens. Now this is normally considered a ‘pre-existing’ condition, which means that under the current system, I will never be able to get good health insurance again (let’s think realistically here). The system needs to be reformed.

You can step to the left, or you can step to the right. But you have to step. Just standing there doing nothing and filibustering isn’t going to get things done. Regardless of your respective views, something has to be done.

And it looks like President Obama has finally done it…

No comments: