Sunday, May 01, 2011

Osama dead

Bin Laden is no more. I’ve been trying to think of what the implications of this are, and to sort my own opinion out on this, but words fail me. All I’ll say is that he can no longer perpetrate evil anymore.

And I don’t think there will be a Beer Volcano and Stripper Factory in your afterlife, Osama…

EDIT:

I saw this posted on as somebody’s facebook status today. And it had been reposted before, apparently. I feel it’s worth sharing, and it sorts out how I feel on it:

”I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that”

Violence. Is. Evil. Period. It doesn’t matter who does it, or for what it is done. It’s evil. If you resort to it, then you’re no better than your enemies.

No comments: