Sunday, April 30, 2017

Creators Update is out…

So the Windows 10 creators update is out. My computer was running perfectly on what is was running before, so of course I decided to test it out. Installation was straightforward, similar to the Anniversary Update. The one difference this time around was the initial configuration page, which featured Cortana, which I turned off.

Overall, it is still Windows 10. The Windows 10 themes are now in the Windows Store. Though most of the themes that I use and have backed up will still work. Some won’t, but they were written for Windows XP (it will take some work to adapt them for Win10, but the wallpapers at least should be available).

Overall, it is still Windows 10. It is not Windows 7, which will be a stumbling block. I miss the Windows Classic themes. There are work-arounds available, but they’re just not the same. But then again, this is the cutting edge form Microsoft. And I can Netflix and Hulu from my tower….

No comments: