Monday, July 10, 2017

New Chair…

Christmas of 2001. My younger brother (current roommate) surpises me with a new computer desk and an office chair. No way near top of the line items, but they did the job (in fact, I still use the desk. This post is being written at it). The chair held up through the years. I took it apart when I moved out of Puyallup, and when I put it back together I didn’t put the armrests back on (they got in the way). But the chair continued to serve faithfully, holding my ass up during my misadventures on the internet. It worked through 4 towers, and 3 laptops. But it had lost its height. The air cylinder had lost it’s air. So, off to to the Worst Buy website and I ordered this one. And it is comfy. Headrest. Armrest. And I can lean back in it. I think I can now throw out the easy chair that I never really use anymore.

Having said that, I ordered it before last week’s Unfortunate Events. I wouldn’t dare order it now. Live and learn. I’m not ready to tell the tale of what happened last week. In due time, I will. But not now. Let’s just say that things are going to be a bit lean for a while…

EDIT: I can still use my easy chair. I just have to rotate my new chair around so I can watch my 55” TV. Which is good, since I can use my laptop in my easy chair…

No comments: