Sunday, May 27, 2018

I still have it….

I was scheduled to work today. But I woke up with it. It actually came on last night, when I was getting up from the chair after my last break at work. I still had it this morning, when I took my first pee, and I went into the shower.

I’m talking about plantar fasciitis, of course. And with the amount of walking I do at work, it’s not something I want to have. So I took another sick day. Not something I want to do on a holiday weekend, but I have to look out for my well-being.

When I was at my previous employer, foot problems were much worse. I started the day with a 4+ mile walk to the bus stop, then an 8-hour shift. But for the most part, I was just in one spot at work. Now, I don’t have to walk 4+ miles (thank to my bike, and the occaisional Uber). But I now walk essentially for 8 hours at work.

My foot should be walkable tomorrow. I hope. I don’t have enough sick time to cover another shift.

No comments: