Tuesday, May 01, 2018

So what happened Saturday…..

It actually happened Friday night. I rode the bike home from the bust stop (about 4 miles or so). Get home, and I put the bike on the stand. I went into my room, and an hour later, I hear a thud. My bike had fallen over. I put the bike back up. A few minutes later, I came back out and saw my bike leaning over. So I turned my bike around and backed it into my bike stand, and went to bed.

The next morning (Saturday), I get up and got ready for work. As I was about to leave, I went to get my bike off of the rack, and that’s when I noticed the reason why the bike couldn’t stay in the stand. My front tire was flat. But I had to go to right away (not enough time to fix it). On the bus ride up, I pulled out my phone and ordered a pair of inner tubes from Wally World. When I picked them up, they said I got the last two in the store. Normally, I wouldn’t order inner tubes when I’ve only had one flat on each tire, but I ordered them.

So Saturday night, I got home (I took Uber), I started fixing the flat. It was just a simple puncture, and patching it was pretty straight forward. So I started pumping it. Using the pressure gauge on my pump, I hadn’t even reached the recommended pressure on the tire. And the tube exploded. Sounded like a the love-child of a balloon popping and a gunshot. Fortunately, I had a brand-new inner tube that just happened to be the right size. Put the new tube in, reinflated it, and went to bed again.

Sunday morning, it held up enough. And I rode it home that night. And it’s still holding up. Just another adventure in cycling for a commute….

No comments: