Thursday, November 22, 2018

Plans were changed…

After I called out last week, I thought I could make up time, so I volunteered to come in tonight. Got as ready for as I could. Even had Thanksgiving dinner early (take-out from Red Robin). I got up and headed out to work. Caught my first bus (which was late), and subsequently missed my connection. Which I didn’t realize until after I had gotten off the first bus, and it had pulled out. Had I stayed on the bus, I could’ve made a connection in downtown Tacoma, but this was a case where Onebusaway went down right as I was looking up my route. So, I was stuck in Parkland stressing out about making it in to work on time, and then I realized something. Tonight was originally my day off. Management didn’t ask me to come in, I had volunteered. So I decided to quit stressing about making it in to work on my day off, called the store, & went back home. Now if I was scheduled to work tonight, then I would’ve waited the hour and tried my darndest to get it to work on time. But I’m not going to put myself through that level of stress on my supposed day off. I work retail and the most stressful time of the year are upon me, and I’m not going to give myself anymore stress than I need to…

No comments: