Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas came and went….

I had Christmas Eve off, and I was scheduled to work Christmas night (I work overnights). Last week, I got sick. Started with the sore throat and progressed to aches and pains. Sunday night, I had to call in sick, and it progressed to a cough. Monday night was the Big Bryant Family Reunion in Ollala. Saw my Grandmother (this first time in two years that I’ve seen her). At the gift exchange, I wrapped my present in the carry out bag from MacDonalds (I made a pit stop on the way in), and apparently I’m now obligated to leave a packet of ranch salad dressing in any present I give.

Christmas Day saw a gathering with my siblings at my sister’s house. This year, the decision was made to only shop for nieces and nephews. I gave flashlights to my nephews and usb flash drives to my neices (I was on a strict budget this year).

An unspecified cousin gave a spatula for Christmas. It was a Seahawks one, but a spatula nonetheless. But the value in gifts like that is the good laugh everybody had when it was opened, which even exceeds the intrinsic value of the gift itself.


No comments: