Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot, 2018 Edition….

So, it’s been 2019 for about 13 hours so far. I was at work when the ball dropped, but fortunately I was outside at the time, so I got to see some fireworks from the neighboring areas.  A lot happened this past year:

I changed jobs (same employer, but I moved to a new position). I went from working swing shift to overnights. I got to see my 93 year old grandmother for the first time in 2 years. I decided to quit shopping at Worst Buy, and I also cut up most of my credit cards, though the Worst Buy Card was the only one that I outright cancelled. I broke my computer (as in physically broke it so it wouldn’t boot up anymore), and had to replace it. And it’s replacement was so similar to the original one that Microsoft still thinks that it’s the same computer. Which I should’ve realized before I decided to buy another Windows 10 Pro license for it. Which overdrew my account (though I survived). I bought another pair of Columbia’s. I upgraded to Amazon Music Unlimited, which is how I almost exclusively listen to music now. For the first time even I had to leave negative feedback for an eBay transaction. I had to spend almost $150 to fix my bike. I replaced both inner tubes and 1 tire. I bought Flight Simulator X on Steam, so I can have installed on both my laptop and my tower. The Mariners had a winning season, while both the Sounders FC and the Seahawks punched their tickets to the post-season. And Seattle is going to get a NHL franchise.

And I should also mention that Michael Palin is getting a knighthood. Though it is not for being the leader of the Knights Who Say Ni!….

No comments: