Tuesday, April 09, 2019

For the first time...

With the exception of 2 months in 2009, when I tried using a BlackBerry, all my phones have been HTC products, starting from my T-Mobile Shadow, all the way to my most recent HTC 10. When I paid the phone bill yesterday morning, I also paid off my phone, and so I became eligible for an upgrade. Sprint doesn't currently offer any HTC phones, so i decided on a Samsung. Unfortunately, Samsung has gotten really good at locking their phones. So I've decided I will not be rooting my next phone. The only reason why I rooted my phones anymore was so I could kill ads with a HOSTS file. There are ways of killing ads without HOSTS (like the adblock extension in Firefox.

So, I've decided to upgrade my phone. And rooting is out of the question for the moment. But it will be worth it. I getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 9...

And yes, I know the irony of writing this post on my old phone...

No comments: