Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Setting up my 'new' Blu-Ray....

I think I said this a week or so ago, but my old 'smart' Blu-Ray has become rather dumb of late. First, the Hulu app expired. And last week, the Crackle app went. Then I realized that I could replace it dirt cheap. All I had to do was order an internal Blu-Ray drive for my old tower. Which I did. Then pulled out the Windows 8.1 system restore DVDs (going with Windows 8.1, since I have Windows 8.1 Pro with Windows Media Center). So I'll have a Blu-Ray player (I stall have a valid copy of PowerDVD for this tower, since I bought another when I built my current tower). And thank to Google Chrome, I'll be able to stream. And surf. And email. I'm not putting a TV tuner in this tower, since it's being connected to my TV anyway. Nor will I be gaming on it (not enough space on the hard drive)...

No comments: