Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Getting ready to move…

No, not that move. Last weekend, Square Enix had virtually their entire Steam library on sale for 95% off, and all proceeds benefiting charity (I can’t remember which one, but I know there was one). Including the prorate for everything that I already had, it came out to about $35.00 for 47 or so games. So I went for it. And it was a 247 gb download. And after I downloaded it, I realized I’m running out of hard drive space. I currently have 2 7200rpm 4 tb hard drives. On Newegg, I found an 8 tb hard drive that I could afford, but it was only 5400 rpm. But I went ahead and ordered it. And a couple of hours later, I realized that if I played my finances right, I could also get a 2 tb M.2 ssd. So I ordered one. They should both be here by me next day off. And I have another used 2 tb hdd that I’m going to put in the tower just to play with Linux on (so I can avoid repartitioning my hard drive every other day). I guess this means back everything up today, and get it on to the external hard drive.

But when this is all done my setup will be:

  • A 2 tb ssd drive to boot up from.
  • A 8 tb hdd to install all my games on.
  • A 4 tb hdd for my documents. And
  • A 2 tb hdd to play around with Linux on.

The 4 tb hdd that I will be pulling from this tower will be going into my other tower that I currently use for my media center/blu-ray player…

No comments: