Wednesday, May 06, 2020

This week's misadventures....

I will continue to dink around with OpenSuSE, but only on a virtual machine. But I'm still going to experiment with Linux on my tower, not that I've figured out partitioning and the bootloader. Unfortunately with OpenSuSE, once I've installed all the apps, I'm unable to login as root. Now, I'm going with Mageia. When I first started tinkering around with Linux in 2004, I first started with SuSE, which was a no-go at first, but I had also downloaded the install set for Linux Mandrake. There were some issues with it, but I was able to install it. Albeit with no printer and no 3d graphics at first. I think it lasted for about 3 days to a week before I wiped the whole tower again. Mergers and bankruptcies happened, and SuSE became OpenSUSE, and Linux Mandrake (or Mandrake Linux)'s descendants were Open Mandriva and Mageia. I'm running Mageia right now. And so far, it's usable...

No comments: