Wednesday, October 07, 2020

A Hard Drive Failure tonight….

It appears as though my SSD has bitten the dust. The one that I bought back in May. and unfortunately, as part of the trouble shooting, I wiped both of my other drives (thank The Flying Spaghetti Monster that I did have a recent backup from a month ago). But still, it’s a pain in the ass. But lesson learned. Replacement drive has been ordered. And I made sure that it’s compatible with my motherboard. I’m stepping down from a 2tb to a 1tb drive, but the interface is going from SATA to PCIE 3.0x4 so it’ll be faster. I just can’t run Linux on it anymore….

RIP Western Digital Blue 2 tb m2 ssd. But did you have to take down my whole system with you?

And I know it was a hard drive failure, because in frustration I booted into Gparted and tried to wipe everything, and I could even wipe this drive.

No comments: