Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Get Real. Get A Life. Get Blocked.

I copied a  post on Facebook recently that said that a mask is better than a ventilator, home is better than the ICU, prevention is better than the cure. One of my supposed ‘friends’ replied “99.9% survival rates, get real and get a life”.

Guess what we’re no longer friends. And I’ve blocked him. It may seem too extreme, but I figure if he has a right to his opinion, then I have a right to shun him for it. I’ve made it a point not to unfriend or block anyone for having a different political opinion than mine (because the diversity of peoples’ opinions is one of the many things that make America great). But I will block/unfriend/shun you for attacking others who have a different opinion. The same goes for hate speech. And I’m adding Covid is a hoax/conspiracy and masks are oppressive to the list.

Take your Covid hoax conspiracies/masks are oppressive crap and go shove it. Covid is real. Don't believe me? Ask you nearest Healthcare worker what his/her last shift was like. Try getting a hospital bed in South Dakota/North Dakota. Think masks are oppressive? Try being intubated.

If you're still peddling conspiracies and/or whining about your rights being taken away, then go shove it up your ass. These are tough times for everyone. We're all in this. Together. Selfish whining is not the solution. With rights come responsibilities. And we're in this mess because too many if you are being irresponsible...

No comments: