Wednesday, May 05, 2021

All done

So, a couple of weeks ago, my computer’s power supply went south, and I had to replace it. And while I was replacing it, I replaced upgraded two of my hard drives. So, now I have 4 hard drives: 1 ssd, and 3 hard drives. My computer now has a total of 25 tb of storage. Anyway, because of the drive replacements, and all the data being moved around, I ended up doing a system wipe. Completely. Meaning  I used the ‘clean’ command from the command prompt. Between my Epic Games, Amazon Prime Games, and Steam Games I think I downloaded about 3 terabytes’ worth of crap. Then I had to redownload my GOG, Origin, and Ubisoft games (these I normally keep archived on another drive, but the drive got wiped).

But it’s all done. I just have to keep reminding myself that my hardware is permanently incompatible with Windows 7, and every time I’ve tried it has lasted for 12 hours at the most. And then I’m back to square 1. Although I’m getting better at rebuilding my system. I’m now down to a week and a half. It used to take me just 2 1/2 days to do it. With 2 different versions of Windows even. But then again, I only had 2 30 gb hard drives at the time, too….

No comments: