Wednesday, October 06, 2021

So I tried it…

Like I said last night, Windows 11 is out. I gave into temptation tonight and downloaded the Upgrade Assistant (not linking it here, but I trust that your Google-Fu  is strong. I upgraded to Windows 11. I was impressed with it. I was holding off on it while I waited for the official drivers to drop from  AMD mainly. When I last checked, it was the same drivers for Windows 11 as for Windows 10. So I bit. It took a couple of hours to download and install. And while it was stable, it just didn’t feel quite ready. So I went back to Windows 10. Which was an even quicker rollback than the upgrade. Though I was only on Windows 11 for 20 minutes. At the most.

Activation wise, it was quick and painless. So I guess I have a valid Win11 license for when the time comes to make the final jump to it. But I can’t quite let go of my Windows 10 live tiles, or how I’ve arranged my start menu. So while I made my first step to Win11, I’ll stick with WIn10 for now…

No comments: