Tuesday, November 02, 2021

It’s been a while. So it’s catch-up time….

It’s been a while since I wrote here. Here’s what has been happening in no particular order:

  • Rebuilt my system again. Just to turn telemetry back on, so I could get back on the release candidate channel, just so I can run Windows 10 21H2.
  • Replaced my webcam. Got a Logitech C920s. I had a webcam before, but I needed an upgrade. I had to get an HD camera. And I was concerned about privacy. With my old one, I simply turned it around, so if you could hack it, you’d only see a wall, and possibly some cords. This one comes with a privacy shutter. And also with the built in stereo microphones (that connect through the usb cable), I can disconnect my microphone and declutter the mess behind the tower.
  • I took down my old microphone (see the last bullet point). I had it for 20 years.This was the last component of my first computer that I bought (the old Gateway PIII 866 megahertz).
  • I started using our portable washing machine. We inherited it when Mother passed away, and we used for 3 years until one night when I did a load of laundry, and was greeted by a pretty good sized puddle of water in the kitchen. A leak. I used the apartment complex provided laundry facilities since then, but only 4 washer/dryer sets for the entire complex, plus the fact that metallic tinder circles are in short supply due to Covid. Add and increase in the cost per load, plus the fact that currently two of the washers are down, and I have to choice. But with a few paper towels, a Tupperware container, and a knowledge of capillary action, I can minimize the leak.
  • I get my Covid booster next week. I got vaccinated in March. I actually had it in February. Given my chronic health condition (type I diabetes) and a high risk work environment, it is a no-brainer for me. Hopefully I can get a flu shot as well…

No comments: