Monday, January 03, 2022

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot, 2021 Late Edition…

Well, 2021 ended a couple of days ago. I was in the middle of the work week, so I couldn’t write this post on New Years’ Eve, as I am want to:

  • Grandma Bryant died in January. Due to Covid, the Celebration of Life wasn’t until the Big Bryant Family Reunion on Christmas Eve. Which I didn’t go to (due to aforementioned Covid), but they set up a Google Meet call, so I could attend virutally. A couple of other cousins ‘remoted in’ as well. Got to use my really expensive web cam.
  • My Tower’s power supply went, and I upgraded my hard drives, while I was replacing it as well.
  • A few months later, I fried my motherboard, and I replaced the whole lot. I also had to replace my boot SSD. Basically a new computer.
  • One of the hard drives I ‘upgraded’ turned out to be a dud.
  • The Mrs. Fields closed. So, I guess I only have one job now.
  • Got Covid. Recovered from same. Got vaccinated. And boosted. I highly recommend the vaccine. Covid is not something to be taken lightly.
  • Got a job offer, and I had to pass on it.
  • 5 pairs of shoes and counting.
  • Added a second monitor.

Of course there was the January 6 insurrection, Betty White’s passing, Bob Dole’s passing, the Chauvin verdict (guilty), the Arbery verdict (guilty), Biden getting sworn in, Windows 11 coming out (stick with Windows 10 for now), Jon Madden’s passing, and whole other shit-load of stuff.2021 is behind us. On to 2022.

No comments: