Tuesday, January 31, 2023

On the Tyre Nichols matter….

I’m not going to post the links to the news articles here. Use your Google-Fu if you have to. So the officers have been fired and indicted. For Murder. As they should be. And the ‘elite’ SCORPION unit of the Memphis police department has been disbanded. I haven’t seen the video footage, and I probably never will. It is too disturbing. It is too much of a trigger. But I don’t have to see violence in order to condemn it. Clearly the police went over the line. And it appears heads are going to roll in other departments for failing to intervene and/or failing to help. Just this morning, I heard that the responding EMS personal were also fired for their response.

And it seems that every time I try to write something, my thoughts seem to scatter. Every idea I come up with is pretty much outright illegal, though I think we would have a lot less bad cops if there were floggings administered at roll call, or if the entire force were decimated when a major scandal broke….

But for now, let the judicial system run its course….

No comments: