Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Let’s play a new game….

So, I woke up early tonight. Early enough that the Mexican place right around the corner was still open. After going back and forth too many times, I decided that it’s time for some arroz con pollo (after all, even if it wasn’t Tuesday today, it’s still Taco Tuesday somewhere in the Universe). It’s right the corner from my apartment. I don’t even have to cross Pacific Avenue to get there. But, it is my day off, and I’m not really particular about leaving the house. So, I ubered it. Driver picked it up, and I tracked it with the semi-realtime gps that the UberEats app provides. My partment complex has four driveways. And the driver went into each one before he figured where I’m at.

So I propose a new game for Las Vegas. It’s call Uber roullette. You place your UberEats order, then take bets on which driveway the driver will attempt first…

Bear in mind I did thank and tip the driver tonight. In the end he did get it to the apartment. I don’t order delivery that often anymore because it’s not cheap. But I do tip when I do….

No comments: