Tuesday, July 04, 2023

There and back and there again….

Ok, so I had Windows 11 running on my computer for a month. I was happy. I didn’t need to wipe it completely. Note: I said that I didn’t need to wipe it. But I did anyway (reasoning be that it’s my computer, and I was basically bored). Put Windows 10 on it. There were some issues from the get go, namely a couple of apps that I used from the Windows Store (like AccuWeather) didn’t show up, but I worked around them. After a week, I decided to go back to Windows 11. So wiped the tower again, and started over. And a week ago, after finishing setting up Flight Simulator X, I messed up the file associations for Office. And I decided to nuke it from orbit. Back to Windows 10. This time, everything went well. And then tonight, I figured just fuck it and go to 11. Though this time, I went the upgrade route (normally I prefer not not to do this, but it appears to work well).

So, after three weeks and change, I’m back to square 1….

No comments: