Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Yet Again Comcast Sucks!

So, I’ve written here previously about how terrible Comcast customer service is. Here we go again:

So last week, I got an email regarding a data breach. I had to change the password on one of my comcast email aliases. So I go to comcast, attempt to login, and I’m greeted by the password reset screen. Enter in all of the relevant information, and I then get an error screen. Multiple times. I’ve had enough of having to deal with their offshore call centers and their social media (the social media account are most likely now AI. They don’t even feel human anymore). So I went to the Executive Email Carpet Bomb. I sent it from a different email address than the one that I had the issue with. And this time I specified no phone calls….

So an hour later, I get an email reply. Sent to a totally different email address! In the meantime, I chatted with an agent, and actually got my problem fixed. So I replied to the email saying that I was able to fix my issue (no thanks to them), and the reply I got was an auto-ack, saying that to protect my account, I had to verify the last 4 of my social or the last 4 of my credit card. Via email. Involving an email account that I hadn’t mentioned or used. Yeah, they attempted to phish me. And this was their supposed ‘executive customer service’. I’ve said this before, but Comcast’s piss-poor customer service is by design. They’re a monopoly in most markets. And they know it.

Did I mention that Comcast’s customer service sucks?

No comments: