Tuesday, September 03, 2024

An eventful few weeks….

On a political front, both parties have had their conventions, and the tickets are set. i”m not voting for Cheetos-Face, that I do know….

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago. Got all the well-wishes on my Facebook wall, and I tried to respond to them all. Brother got me a Seattle Mariners coffee mug and a Seattle Seahawks hat. And meatballs for dinner. No cake though, but there were doughnuts…. Earlier that day, I did my Target run with my older sister, and we made a pit stop at Wendy's (a birthday just isn’t a birthday without at least a Son of Baconator)….

Last week, on Sunday night, I got up to go to work. Took my insulin shot. Showered. And while I was getting dressed, mu\y blood sugar bottomed out. I was so incoherent that I couldn’t even put my pants on. I had my supply of candy nearby (procured in the aforementioned Target run), so I was able to recover and get my pants on. But then I looked at the clock, and I realized I’m going to miss the bus. Another call-out from work then…

I make no excuses for not writing here sooner. Sometimes life just gets in the way….

No comments: