Saturday, September 14, 2024

What happened tonight?….

So, this past Wednesday night was my Monday (meaning the start of my work week). My supervisor gave me my assignments, and I got to work (I’m being intentionally vague here. Office politics is something to be avoided). Towards the end of my shift, I was detailed with putting some supplies away, which caused me to stay late (don’t like it, but it happens). I eventually hit my bingo, and told my supervisor I had to leave, and he agreed (bus schedules can’t be flexed). And as I was approaching my bus stop, the bus arrived early. And I missed. And then the next bus was a no-show. I got off work at 7, and didn’t get on the bus home till 10. While walking from one bus stop to another and back and forth, I notices a pain in my foot. I powered through the pain, got home, and took my shoes off. I thought I was just on my feet too much and I needed to just rest them. The next day, I was in pain all day. But I powered through it all. Got home, and went to bed.The next morning, got up, showered and realized why I had foot pain. Blisters. So I took one of my lancets and open them. Went to work, and while the foot did hurt, but it was more bearable.Got home this morning, lanced them again, and went to bed. Get up, put shoes on go to work. And as I was walking to the bus stop tonight, I realized I still had a limp.

Long story short, I called off work tonight. Sorry, coworkers….

No comments: