Friday, September 19, 2008

Alrght, I have to call Bullshit…

Politicians. They are liars and thieves. All of them. But for this post, let us concern ourselves mainly with the race for Washington state governor. In particular, a certain ad being run for Chris Gregoire. It starts out with a woman who says her child was diagnosed as a diabetic when he/she/it was two years old. She then claims to have to check her child's blood sugar 12 times a day, lest the said child goes into seizures. She also says that because having diabetes, her child will have a shorter life expectancy. Then she breaks down into tears because Dino Rossi opposes stem cell research that would supposedly find a cure.

I call Bullshit on this. I speak from personal knowledge. I have type 1 diabetes myself. The only time I've needed to check my blood sugar more than 6 times a day was when I was hospitalized right after my diagnosis, and that was because I had an IV push of insulin going. Normally, four times a day is sufficient. Checking a child's blood sugar every two hours is bordering on abuse, and this claim, if not an embellishment, is a downright lie. A diabetic's life expectancy is the same as the rest of the population, provided it is kept under control. Again, the commercial's claim is another lie. Stem cell research rules are at the federal level, not the state. Dino Rossi's opposition therefore don't mean shit to me. It is irrelevant.

As a diabetic myself, I am personally offended by this ad. Chris Gregoire is exploiting a child and his health condition for political gain. Unfortunately, this type of assholery is going on by both parties. When are candidates going to learn that if you can't say anything nice about your opponent, then do us all a favor and shut your fucking pie-hole? Every fucking four years, it's the same smear campaign. I don't give a flying rat's ass about what your opponent did, I want to know where you stand on the issues. Not where you stand on your opponent. Both Rossi and Gregoire are liars. Neither of them have my trust. And they both ought to be ashamed of themselves. Maybe I should vote Libertarian this year. At least I'll have a clear conscience…

I'm Roger Bryant I'm a registered voter, and I approved this message.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: