Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's For Lunch Today?

So there's a new Indian restaurant open near work. And my boss, being from India, suggested that I try it today. I've never really had Indian food before. In fact, the only time I've even heard of it was the cow vindaloo scene in Red Dwarf. So I went. I'm no restaurant critic, and I know not to judge a whole nation's cuisine by one food court stall, but I was not impressed. I paid $9 for at most $2 worth of food. The rice (which is what 3/4 of my plate consisted of) was way too buttery. The lamb curry was ok, though. Maybe it's because they've just opened, and the quality may catch up in price in the future. But if I'm going to spend $9.00 on lunch, then I'm going to go next door to Subway and get something healthier, or go get a suicide by heart attack (McDonalds).
Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: