Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ugh…

Yesterday was my day off. One of my former employers called and said he bought a used computer at auction and wanted me to look at at it. So I go to his house, and he has a good computer, but it needs to be patched and I tell him what should be done with it, and I should take it home with me to work on (something I've done before with his computers). Then he also sends his other box home with me as well to 'nuke it from orbit.' I get them home, and I turn mine on to check my email, and lo! it doesn't want to turn on. Booting to recovery console and using System Restore don't work, so I boot to safe mode and copy all my documents to my second hard drive so I can nuke it (it's probably a borken driver, but I don't have the patience to troubleshoot it). So that's 3 computers that I have to repair right away. Then I get to work today, and my current boss tells me that their computer is malfunctioning, and her husband's cousin has two that are out of order, as well. Total number of computers that yours truly has to fix: 6. If you're computer literate, then take my advice: DON'T TELL A SOUL! You'll never have a real day off again…  This is some sure quality work from The Anti-Christ.

Edit: It was just a network card that went bad.   I simply removed it (it’s not really necessary since I have Wi-Fi in the apartment, and a Wi-Fi card in the tower as well).   Anyone want a broken Ethernet card?

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: