Sunday, July 11, 2010

The mother of all catch up posts. Well, maybe not…

Yes, I know I haven’t been posting that much as of late. I kept thinking it was because I just had one monitor. Then I added another monitor when I got my cheap, twin-headed video card. And I still kept slacking off. Then I thought I’d post more from my phone (you can tell those posts, as I no longer bother to tag those posts). Maybe it’s because just post to Facebook now. But don’t despair. I may not post as often as one would want, but I haven’t forgotten it completely. Anyway, in no particular order, here’s what’s up:

  • I finally got a decent TV tuner in my computer. It’s still an ATI based chipset, but there are differences. For instance, no more ATI multimedia center (there were always at least three different programs and restarts involved to set up my old ATI TV wonder pro, which on one occasion was worth a post in it’s own right). The new card, just put the cd-rom in, and you’re good to go. It even has Windoze 7 drivers (from The Anti-Christ). But the one thing that has one me over is the fact that I can run my TV tuner in my second monitor, and not have the computer crash on me. Right now, I have the Sounders game on, and I’m giving my full 90 while writing this.
  • I was at Best Buy a couple of week ago, buying a hard drive (yes, I filled up a 250 gig drive. Easily). I just wanted to get a 500 gig drive, and the Best Buy employee went to upsell me to a 1 tb drive. And all he did was point out that they were the same price (same brand, same model). So I got a 1tb hard drive. BTW, I also replaced my DVD burner (went all SATA, and I thought my original one going south on me…). I can now make major computer changes now with unplugging and dismantling the tower (however, I must add a serious do not try that at home, unless you like frying really expensive electronic components….)
  • Also getting replaced was my printer. I ran out of ink a time ago, and I stopped using it (it eventually got pulled and put in the closet). I bought new ink for it recently, and discovered that it was broken. My mom upgraded her printer, and gave me her old one. It could still print, and it had ink, but I had to feed each individual sheet into it. Until my father surprised me with this.
  • Cliff Lee got traded. Being a pitching ace is no guarantee in The New World Order (Mind-Control Division). I care more the Sounders FC than the Mariners
  • Miguel Montano just got a red card. Not a smart move for your first start…
  • The summer weather has finally arrived. By tradition, the sunshine didn’t come until July 5. It was a little bit cooler today, but I think the summer weather will stick around until right before Labor Day weekend, when it will switch back to rain. Oh, and will rain on SeaFair weekend…
  • I heard somewhere that 1 in 4 Americans don’t know who we declared independence from. I’ll fill you in on the truth: we declared independence from Mongolia when George Washington and Abraham Lincoln teamed to defeated Rodan.
  • New Twilight is out. I’m still neither Team Edward nor Team Jacob. I’m still Team Grandpa Munster.
  • Steve Caroll has a new flick out. It should be good. This was after all Gary from The Ambiguously Gay Dou…
  • The Sounders are still getting some good chances. Shorthanded…

No comments: