Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I needed a candy bar today

Or a peice of Key Lime Pie. I was rather disappointed that Google decided to name the current version of Android Kit Kat rather than Key Lime Pie. I’m saying this because the Android upgrade for the Sprint HTC One has be released. And I decided to bite tonight, I was running the 420 Jelly Bean ROM singe I got my phone, and I was pretty happy with it. Enough that I stayed with Jelly Bean for a couple of weeks even when there were new ROMs coming out (applying a lesson learned not to leap straight into upgrades, especially when what I have already works). Then the 420 Kit Kat ROM came out, and I decided to try it out today. 8 hours later, I’ve given up on it, but I found a new rom: ViperOne. So far, I’m happy with it. There are a lot of tweaks (kinda like the LeeDroid tweaks in Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich I had when I was running my EVO 3D). Also a plus is it’s easier to manage blinkfeed (I went with 420 because it was a Sense 5.0 Jelly Bean ROM that had blink feed disabled by default).

Kit Kat is good. Although I should add that I’ve said that about Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread and Froyo…

No comments: