Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The perfect storm....

By At work, there is a policy with regards to cell phones. Namely, don't use them. So I keep mine tuned off and in my locker. Abd so it was last night. I got off work abd I turned my phone back on. Abd it just kept boot-looping ad naseum. Normally this would be cause for concern, but I figured it was an issue the kernel I flashed, and I would just reflash the ROM as soon as I got home. I get home, turn the computer on,  and guess what. No boot. It did turn on, abd wishes loaded. It just wouldn't load the desktop. So i ended up having to wipe the tower, reinstall Windows just so I can flash the ROM on my phone (owing to space constraints, I haven't been keeping a copy of my ROM on my phone. I may visit that policy soon...)

But so far,  everything appears back to normal. I got all the settings restored back to my phone. Now I just have to reinstall everything back on my tower. Again. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for my 1 tB usb back up drive...

Edit: I hope I've nailed the problem with the tower not wanting to load. It appears to have been an issue with my Bluetooth adapter. After installing the software/driver for it & pairing my devices with my tower, my wireless keyboard stopped working. Upon rebooting, again the desktop didn't load. Until I pulled the Bluetooth adapter out...

No comments: