Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Well, this just stinks….

Hello, I’m writing this at 2:30 in the morning. Got the job transfer that I was wanting, and it happened sooner than I thought it would. So I’m no longer in hardware sales, but in overnight maintenance. It’s a mess. It can be hard work. But I like it. I like cleaning stuff. And it’s something that I can see the immediate difference I make (from dirty to clean). And also I can catch a bus both ways without having to wait at the bus stop for an hour, or walk 4 1/2 to 6 miles, or ride the bike. And the pay raise that comes with overnight work doesn’t hurt much, either….
So, I bought myself a birthday present last week. A new case for my tower. So, today, I decided to try and ‘move into’ it. It didn’t go over well, Got the old tower broken down, and it start with the risers for the motherboard.Everything seemed to fit except for one thing. The SATA cables. What I had was too short, so I ordered some more, and then put the old tower back together (thoroughly dusting it, of course). SO I got it reassembled, and turned it on. And no USB mouse. Or keyboard. I verified with my laptop that the mouse was working. SO I f*cked up my motherboard and related components when I tried moving everything over. So goodbye to my tower. May my HP Pavilion 500-214 spend all eternity frolicking in the Beer Volcano & Stripper Factory. Ramen.
But I still have my laptop. And I can do anything on my laptop than I could do on my tower (some items I haven’t installed on my laptop due to space considerations). I can still surf, game, watch TV & Blu-Ray, and still have a computer in general.
So, I’m going to be using my laptop for the near future. I’ve already ordered a replacement computer. A HP Pavilion 500-314. Yes, I know it basically my previous computer with a slightly stepped up processor. But I also know that all the comonents that I’ve bought for my old computer will work on this one, and therefore I won’t have to upgrade much on this one.
As for the case that I’ve bought. I’ll chuck that up to folly. I’ll store it in the closet until I decide to build my own, in the future.

No comments: