Thursday, August 30, 2018

The end of yet another weekend….

Since my recent switch to the night shift, this was the first ‘weekend’ from work that I stayed up all night and slept all day. Well, I tried to. This is something I want to keep up for a couple of weeks to reset my circadian rhythm so I can work my shift without caffeine loading and generally becoming a zombie.

But anyway, here’s what I did this weekend:

  • Tried moving my tower into my new case, only to realize that I didn’t have long enough SATA cables.
  • Tried to install my new CPU cooler that I had bought several months ago, only to realize that I’m stuck the Hewlett-Packard’s cpu cooler. Then I realized that what I had was actually working pretty well (I guess AMD processors just run cooler…).
  • F*cked up my Tower when I tried putting it back together. It still turned on, and the desktop loaded, but the USB hubs are fried on it.
  • Ordered a new tower off of eBay. It’s not really new (it’s actually used), but’s similar enough to what I had before, that I can part out the old Tower and use them in the new one.
  • Watched Van Helsing on Netflix.
  • Saw Captain Underpants on Netflix, too.
  • And I assembled one of my Star Wars models (sister and brother-in-law gave me a 72nd scale X-Wing by bandai for Christmas, and I went a got the A-Wing and the Y-Wing off of eBay, too). Tonight I assembled the A-Wing…

And there was also the standard laundry run, and the couple of bags of garbage out to the dumpster, too. But the weekend must come to an end. It is time to retire and go to bed. Goodnight (even though this is being written at 7:30 in the morning…).

No comments: