Thursday, August 23, 2018

My weekend report….

Normally I work Thursdays through Mondays. But this weekend was different. With the all the smoke from the wildfires, the air quality was listed as unhealthy. And since my commute home does now involve serious cardio (I have a bike), I can no longer afford uber, and my plantar facsiitis precludes me from walking 4+ miles, I decided to stay belowdecks Monday, and I called out. Technically, I wasn’t really sick, but I was calling out for reason of my health….

My birthday was Saturday. Normally I celebrate it with a day off. This year, I didn’t. Same as last year. Though last year, I had just started at my job, and I hadn’t accumulated enough time off to take the day off (nor was I inclined to ask for a day off when I had been there for less than a week). And this year, I was trying to transfer to another position, and did want to throw a spanner into the works while this was still in the works. BTW, I did get the transfer, though it won’t be effective for a couple of weeks.

Essentially stayed home for the past three days. Mainly due to the aforementioned poor quality air.

And according to the forecast the weather will be about 70 tomorrow. And today should’ve been the last day of 80+  weather. Perhaps in the next weeks, I’ll be retiring my AC until next summer…

Like I said, it was my birthday my past week. And as usual, I bought my birthday present myself. I don’t need a new computer. My tower still works perfectly. And so does my laptop. But I did get a new case for my tower. I bought a CPU cooler a year ago, and I’ve never been able to install it, since I couldn’t get it to fit. And want to use a second hard drive in my tower.

And lastly, for all those who are inclined to celebrate it, I bid you Eid Mubarak….

No comments: