Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Florida 1, AOHell 0

The Florida state AG has settled with AOHell (here) over problems with customers not being able to cancel their accounts. A copy of the settlement is available here (yes it is a pdf file).



I was with AOHell for all of one month. When I bought my Gateway, it came with a free year of service from them, but I decided to go with a real isp. Fortunately, I never had problems with them wrongfully billing me or reactivating my account. I have been called upon to service several of my friends' (and employers') computers, and I'm always amazed about how much faster they are after I uninstall the AOL software. To call it bloatware is an understatement. There was one box in particular, which ran some unsupported OS provided by the Anti-Christ, that had 4 different versions install at the same time. Talk about the Three Stooges Syndrome. I was amazed it could even boot to a desktop.





Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: