Sunday, March 11, 2007

Arrrgh!

Today's stupid bonehead mistake:



I was going to go from a single boot system (with WinXP) to a multi-boot system, which usually means wiping the drives completely to resize the partitions to make room. I'm usually ok with this, as I have two hard drives, and I never keep the 'My Documents' folder on the same drive as the Windows directory. Unfortunately, this time I wiped out the wrong drive (Actually I had moved everything to a temporary partition first. I just deleted the temporary partition without moving everything back th where it should've gone). So I pulled out my archive DVD's. My last backup was January 29. I lost at most a few pictures and mp3s, and I can restore those. But it's a pain in the arse.



Somehow this is all AT Ellen Norberg's fault.

No comments: